Saturday, January 23, 2016

SISTERHOOD OF SNARKY STAMPERS #51 - T is for Technique



Good (?) morning snarky peeps! I say that with a question mark, because I live in the Baltimore, MD area, which is being slammed by Jonas the Blizzard right now. He sucks. Just sayin. (Or should that say he blows...)

This fortnight at the SISTERHOOD OF SNARKY STAMPERS, we want you to add some sort of technique to your card or project. Whether it's a new to you technique, or one that is your favorite, we want to see it! Here's my card, then I'll essplain:

Oh, and one thing before you look. I added a very nasty (and my favorite one, BTW) swear word on the inside, so you may want to shoo the kiddies away before you start scrolling:






 I did warn you:


For my card, I tried the Acetate Effects technique, in which you take two pieces of acetate, squeeze Crystal Effects onto one, and add drops of Stampin Up reinker ink, then smoosh the two pieces together. I do not own any Stampin Up products. (I believe I'm the only stamper on the planet that doesn't) But that's OK. I used Ranger Glossy Accents and a couple of my Spectrum Noir reinkers. Worked like a charm! And bonus, you get two pieces to work with when you pull them apart and it's all dried. I used paper, stamps, and ephemera from the same collection. I did stamp the 'have a' and 'birthday' onto that 'great' ephemera before adhering it. I even rooted through my much neglected collection of brads and found a gear. One more of a gazillion used! Yay me! Of course, I had to add some snark on the inside. Had to.

Ready to play along? Of course you are! Just link up your card or project at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers so we can be all impressed and shit. While there, please check out what my Sistahs, and our Guest Designer - Maarit - have created to awe and inspire you, and leave them some bloggy love! Thanks for visiting, and if you are on the east coast, stay safe and warm!


I'd like to enter this at:
Mojo Monday #431













Supplies:
Stamps: Paper Issues - Freaking Sentiments, Ahh Real Birthday Sentiments, Oh Hell No Sentiments; Carta Bella - Work Hard Play Hard
Ink: Memento - Paris Dusk, Tuxedo Black; Ranger DI - Ground Espresso
DP: Carta Bella - Work Hard Play Hard
CS: Darice
Accessories: Carta Bella - ephemera; Crafter's Companion - acetate; Ranger - glossy accents; Spectrum Noir reinkers in CG4 & IB2; Oriental Trading Company - gear brad
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner, 3D & Thin 3D foam squares; Glue Dots

10 comments:

  1. Wow, the acetate effect is stunning Chris, I need to try it too. Glad to hear that I'm not the only one without Stampin' Up products :)

    Enjoy the weekend sweetie!

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wpw this technique is stunning, love how you used it with your card. fabulous job. Do you think the alcohol reinkers work different? (I do have SU stuff)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhh love your smoooshy acetate!! How gorgeous is that, and of course I love the big ole F on the inside :)
    I was a demo for SU for a while, so I have LOADS of their stuff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really? No Stampin' Up stuff whatsoever? I think you just proved the impossible is possible. On the other hand, you might be the only person I know with SN refills — no wonder you're certified! Your card is absolutely fabulous... and I have a new technique to try! (And love the hidden snark!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE!!!! Where did you get that sentiment stamp, girl?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to know where the stamp came from too! It has even more impact tucked away modestly inside such a stunning card
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOU . ARE . AWESOME! grin I love everything about this card, especially the inside sentiment...mit's soooo You. And GUESS WHAT!?! I too do not own one single Stampin Up product... another thing our Awesome-ness has in common! Grin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool. I have used that sketch. I have been slowly getting rid of my stampin up product..just have a few (compared to all the others I have) stamp sets.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome, Chris! I love the masculine feel to this and love your take on that sketch, and seriously..... that acetate technique is fabulous. Never even heard of it before, and it is super cool. What rock have I been under?

    ReplyDelete
  10. OHHHH WOW!!!!! This one I've never heard of. Fabulous effect and I love your favorite word inside. Mine too, BTW. xxD

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.