Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Color Throwdown #363 - Guest Star Stamper!!



Hello crafty peeps! I'm excited to be the Guest Star Stamper for The Color Throwdown #363! And boy, were these some challenging colors to work with! Tammy described them as pale mint green, saffron yellow, and ivory. I've tried to match up these colors as close as possible with what I have in my stash. Here is the card I made:


And the inside:

I really searched my paper stash for these colors. (Apparently, I'm not a big fan of pastels! LOL!) I finally found a couple mystery designer papers hidden in a bin that stores papers dated 2010 and older! Whoa! The ivory paper has this amazing design on it, and I swear it feels like a thick, starched paper towel! LOL! The very pale mint green paper that I stamped on was soooo pale, I decided to accent it with a slightly darker mint green. I used the two green papers for the die cut leaves. The flowers were stamped and heat embossed in white on vellum, and the outline stamped and fussy cut from saffron cardstock and layered. The sentiments on both the front and inside are heat embossed in gold.

Ooooh! Shiny!  

I hope you find some time this week to play along and create something with these pretty colors at the Color Throwdown! You should also do yourself a favor and check out the amazing creations the Design Team came up with! WOW! Thanks for stopping by and I hope that you have a great day!



Supplies:
Stamps: Winnie & Walter - The Big The Bold & Party, " " & Extras
Ink: VersaMark
DP: mystery paper from my stash
CS: Bazzill; Darice
Accessories: GC; Winnie & Walter - In Bloom: Maggie's Roses Cutaways; Avery Elle - Double Pierced Rectangle dies; Recollections - vellum; Stampendous - Champagne EP; WOW! - white EP; heat gun
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner, 3D foam squares; Ranger - Glossy Accents; Scotch - Scrapbooker's Glue

10 comments:

  1. oh.my.goodness Chris! This is absolutely stunning! Congratulations on your guest designer spot! You nailed it, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot! Congrats on your guest post! Love the embossed vellum flowers and the classy design. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, congrats on your GDT spot! Secondly, this card is absolutely gorgeous!!! Love that embossed panel and those delicate flowers! You rocked this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful design! I love how you framed the sentiment, and those die-cut flowers are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you certainly rocked these colors in this absolutely gorgeous card! Especially love that background and the layered frames! Even I struggled for awhile deciding what to create and I'm the one that picked the photo out - lol! Didn't have anyone else to blame!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a tough combo but it is just gorgeous - and your card totally conveys the pretty shabby chic feel of the photo! LOVE it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous design....I love how you framed the sentiment and the flowers look sooo pretty!!!! You worked the CTD colors beautifully!!!! I'm so glad you are our Guest Star Stamper this week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous design....I love how you framed the sentiment and the flowers look sooo pretty!!!! You worked the CTD colors beautifully!!!! I'm so glad you are our Guest Star Stamper this week!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.