Thursday, September 24, 2015

So, I took an online card class.....

Yep. Finally jumped on the OCC* bandwagon and I'm getting learnt. This card is the result of day one of Watercolor: Exploring Mediums Day 1. I'm a bit behind, but I plan to be getting crafty all day today. I've used my much neglected Marvy Uchida markers to watercolor the image. This was a practice-and-learn-as-you-paint kinda coloring job, so it's water colory is some spots, and not so much in others. But I'm happy for the most part how it came out. Check it:


 Here's the finished inside.
(The sentiment didn't ink well in some places. But, I've ordered
a MISTI, so I'll be getting better coverage soon! Woot Woot!)


I based my coloring skillz using Jennifer McGuire's 3rd video on day 1. Using Marvy Uchida markers, a paint brush, and a cup-o-water, I tried to watercolor the gold embossed image. Yeah, I know, I still have a lllloooonnnnggggg way to go. But it's a first attempt. I'll continue to keep at it. ☺


In case you are wondering, here are the markers I used:

I think my problem was that when I tried to go over some of the places, I didn't leave the paper to dry completely, so it still looks too blended and not so splotchy, as watercolor should look. Oh well. 

Well, back to the grind. Practice, practice practice! LOL! Have a great day!


My card is based on Tuesday Morning Sketches #319
and AAA Cards #48 - Autumn colors





Supplies:
Stamps: Stampendous - Eek a Boo; Inkadinkado - All Hallow's Eve
Ink: VersaMark; Memento - Tuxedo Black
DP: Graphic 45 - An Eerie Tale, Olde Curiosity Shoppe
CS: Darice, Bazzill
Accessories: Marvy Uchida markers; Stampendous - Champagne EP; heat gun; paint brush; Doodlebug - twine
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner, 3D foam squares

10 comments:

  1. Awesome job, you are too picky just like every other crafter, LOL. I would love to take some on line classes but most cost a bundle and if I don't get to them the money is wasted, I would like to be able to watercolour too, I have tombow, distress markers, SU markers and there they sit. Love your card and the inside is fab. too. Super job on the sketch too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely fall card. Great job on the watercoloring. Lovely papers. Thanks for linking up and playing with us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great autumn card with a nice selection of papers, Chris. Super water-coloring too. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards Autumn Colors Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A cute and fun autumnal card and Thanks so much for linking up and playing along at AAA Cards.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, Chris! I think your watercoloring looks amazing! SUCH a cute image, too, and fabulous papers and design! Totally adore this!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job with the watercolouring - I hope you are enjoying the class! Thanks so much for playing along at AAA Cards! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful Autumn card Chris, great job with the colouring and I love the details. Thanks for playing along with Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully done card. I see nothing wrong with it at all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. To this eye, you did one awesome job on this! I've just done the one OCC — they're magical combinations of inspiration and oh-I'll-never-be-this-good, aren't they? :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it's awesome!! And we are all our own worst critics. I've found that the biggest factor in being happy with watercolouring is using watercolour paper. Seems like a no brainer but I kept trying with cardstock for a long time, lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.