Tuesday, September 29, 2015

SHOPPING OUR STASH #221 - Wooden It Be Nice



Hello and good morning crafty peeps! This week at SHOPPING OUR STASH, we'd like to see some type of wooden element on your project. (Ex: wooden letters/shapes, paper, patterned paper, veneer, etc.) I was feeling nostalgic, so I broke out my Slice die cutter (that I've had since perhaps 2010, probably longer), and made some ornaments. Check it:


...and the inside:

In certain lighting, the color of the wooden peace word and the darker blue card stock I used actually match. Not so much in this photo. Oh well. After I die cut all the parts-is-parts* of the ornaments, I thought they needed a little somethin' somethin'. So I embossed some of the pieces. There, that's better. The peace word was painted then when dry, I gave it a spritz of pearl Glimmer Mist for some subtle shimmer. Of course, you can't see it in the above picture. But it's there. Trust me. ☺ I added some silver floss so that the ornaments wouldn't be magically hovering by themselves.

Now it's your turn. Got any wooden butterflies or arrows? Patterned paper with a wooden design on it? Why not make something with it and link it up at Shopping Our Stash? We'd love to see it! Please do check out what the other ladies came up with to wow you, and leave them some bloggy love! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you get creative today!



* Thank you, Leslie, for making me remember that Wendy's commercial. I used to use this term a lot when it first came out, then it faded from my mind, replaced with other catch phrases. LOL!


Challenges:

 



Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts - Merry Christmas Message
Ink: Memento - Teal Zeal
CS: Darice; scraps
Accessories: GC; Cuttlebug & Darice EF; Slice die cutter and Noel cartridge; Michael's - wooden peace word; DMC - floss; Fiskars - corner rounder; Ranger - Adirondack Stream acrylic paint dauber; Tattered Angels - pearl Glimmer Mist
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner, 3D & thin 3D foam squares; Ranger - Glossy Accents; Glue Dots

14 comments:

  1. Ooooh, disembodied ornaments! HA! Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow, this is awesome, Chris! Love the ornaments and the wood sentiment and the embossing, and love all that blue!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the silver floss is indeed perfection, but then so is everything else about this. & whereas the peace doesn't look like the same color as the ornament... i love the way they go together! but the really BONUS brilliant idea is embossing some of the ornament parts! yowza! why didn't i think of that??!?! (well i will now, lol!) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, love your ornaments and the silver floss just finishes them off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like all the texture you have going on here, with the linen-like cardstock, the different types of embossing, the floss, and the wood word. Thanks so much for joining in our sketch challenge at CC&S! :)
    P.S. I remember "parts is parts" too! But the title of your post has me hearing the Beach Boys in my head...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of the CC&S sketch, thanks so much for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card, love all the texture! Great job with the colors!

    Thanks for joining us at 'Tis The Season!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! I love those ornaments!! Thanks for using our color palette at Tis the Season!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very fun Christmas card, Chris. Loved how you used the colors in our challenge. :) Thanks for joining us at 'Tis the Season.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great card and a great name for the challenge! The Slice! I had one years ago! My first cutter! I digress...

    I love the textures and layers of your card! Thanks for playing at TTS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these bold ornaments! I will be CASEing your card very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhhhhh lovely!! Love those ornaments! Man I gotta get moving on my Christmas cards...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is bold and striking, particularly the sentiment; I love the curvy font that's been used. Thanks for joining us at CC&S this week. Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeousness! I have got to get back on the xmas wagon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.