Tuesday, September 22, 2015

SHOPPING OUR STASH #220 - Show Us Your Smile!



Hello and good day to you! We have a fabulous challenge starting today at SHOPPING OUR STASH; Show Us Your Smile! We would like you to use an image with a smile on it, or as an option, use the word 'smile' on your project. Here's what I came up with:


 and the inside:


So, if you can believe it, that vertical panel of minions is Ducktape (that's how it's spelled on the packaging - obviously found at a craft store rather than the corner Ace Hardware. LOL!) And talk about shopping my stash, that main panel minion is actually a tag from a t-shirt I bought some time ago. I wasn't throwing it away. Just look at him. He's sooooooo cute!! I backed him onto some black card stock before adhering him the the card with foam squares. For the inside, I mimicked the salutation from the ducktape, spelling and all. I had a bit of tape left when I cut a piece off, so I stuck it on a scrap of card stock and fussy cut one of the grinning minions out and there he is at the bottom of the card!

Now it's your turn to break out those smiling images, or use the word smile on your project. Just link it up at Shopping Our Stash so we can see it! While there, please check out the amazing creations that the ladies came up with. You won't be disappointed! Thanks for stopping by and here's a little parting ear worm for you. Have a great day!






Supplies:
Stamps: Paper Smooches - Alphadot, He Said She Said
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Paris Dusk
CS: Darice
Accessories: GC; Tim Holtz/Sizzix - Pocket Watches EF; ShurTech Brands - Minion ducktape; Minion label from a shirt I bought.
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner, 3D foam squares

7 comments:

  1. ♥♥♥BELLO!♥♥♥ minions + pharrell... ultimate smiley one-two punch right there!!!!!! ♥♥♥ this, missus!!! (& yes i'm listening to the song & yep i'll be humming it all day... there are def worse songs to get stuck in yer head!) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't need no stinkin' ear worm. Already have my own. ;/

    I haven't see the movie, so I'm clueless about Minions. But they're cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is some clever and creative cardmaking, Chris! Ducktape and T-shirt tags? Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job, love the minions and fab. use of the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same ducktape and tag from a T-shirt...I am going to scraplift your card....I have a grandson who just loves Minions!!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing makes me happier than Minions...there is minion ducktape???? MUST FIND MUST FIND
    I have a couple McDonald's happy meal minions in my office :)
    Fab take on the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.