Saturday, September 12, 2015

JUST US GIRLS #310 - Trend week!


Good morning crafty peeps! We've got a new challenge starting at JUST US GIRLS! It's Trend Week and Cheryl is your hostess this time around. She's picked BALLOONS as your inspiration! Here is the card I made:


I paper pieced the hot air balloon, and set it up on a wonky panel that's adhered with foam squares.


I left the inside blank, as I'm not sure whether to make this a graduation card, or maybe a moving-to-a-new-home type card. I guess I'll find out when I need to use it! LOL!

I hope you get the chance to play along with our balloon challenge at Just Us Girls! While there, please check out what the other ladies and our September GD, Melissa, have made to inspire you! Thanks for stopping by. Remember, that if you are picked as Chic of the Week for any of our September challenges, you'll be in the running to be our Guest Designer for the month of November!


Supplies:
Stamps: Lawn Fawn - Blue Skies
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Paris Dusk
DP: Cloud 9 Designs
CS: Darice, scraps
Accessories: GC; Paper Smooches - cloud dies
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner, 3D foam squares; Elmer's extra strength glue stick

10 comments:

  1. Love the layout and your hot air balloon Chris! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your paper pieced balloon! Very pretty and colorful card! Have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your paper pieced balloon! Very pretty and colorful card! Have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! I love the angel of your top layer and that hot air balloon is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how the wonky panel looks — kind of adds to the whole windy sky/movement feel. :) And the paper-pieced balloon is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great paper piecing! You really made it look easy. Great CAS design too. I like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great paper piecing and what a super and colourful job you have done. Love the simplicity of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your paper piecing is awesome and so perfect for that balloon. Great design on this, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've become such a fan of the wonky panel that I keep doing it by accident :D Love the bright colours & of course the punny sentiment!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.