Thursday, February 27, 2014

Very GRRRRR!

Good morning and hello! I have a card that I'd like to share with you. ☺ This is based on Mojo Monday #334:


Here's the finished inside:

My homage to Austin Powers - International Man of Mystery! LOL! My card measures 3-1/2" x 5-1/2", and I let the round element hang over the side a bit.


I had a retro vibe going on all over this card! I used DP dated 2008 for the vertical paper panel. (big groovy flowers!) For the horizontal stripes, I used the Retro Squares Die-Namics in three shades of purple. Once those were adhered to my base, I realized I didn't want to cover the squares up with the round element. Then I had an epiphany: use vellum! I made a round frame using a scalloped and circle dies. I printed my sentiment out on the computer, cut it out using another circle die, and glued it on from the underside of the frame. After coloring my image, I fussy cut and adhered her with foam squares. Another printed sentiment and retro square border finishes the inside. I had so much fun putting this card together!

Well, that's it for now. Thanks for hanging out a while with me, and I hope you get the chance to make something crafty today! Enjoy your day!

Chris
Supplies
Stamps: Some Odd Girl - 60's Mod Mae digi
DP: KI Memories (flowers from 2008!); Echo Park - Happy Days (aqua)
CS: Recollections; Copic X-Press It
Accessories: Grand Calibur; Lg & Sm Standard Circles and Classic Scalloped Circles Nesties; Spectrum Noir markers; Recollections - vellum; MFT - Retro Squares Die-Namics; Sentiments printed from Microsoft Office; Sakura White Gelly Roll pen
Adhesives: SA by 3L - MyStik permanent, 3D foam squares; Scotch - scrapbooker's glue

4 comments:

  1. Retro COOL, baby! Love it, Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, love the vellum circle. great birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeek! This is totally fab Chris :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the vellum sentiment and how you used the border dies. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.