Saturday, September 14, 2013

Drunken Stampers challenge #141 Person: Bartender

Good morning my friends! Today starts another challenge at the Drunken Stampers challenge blog! This week is focused on a person. A Bartender, to be exact!


The challenge is to base your card on a bartender, or use the prompts as a guide. In this case, drinks or a bar. What an amazingly fitting challenge for this blog! LOL! Also, it happens to be my birthday today, so drinks all around! YAY! (Go shorty! It's my birthday!) ☺

Technically, it's Team Yellow Canaries turn this week to inspire you, but you know I couldn't NOT make something for this challenge! LOL! Not only did I make something, but I made TWO somethings! HA! Check it out:


and the inside:

The planets must have been aligned since I just got the wine stamp from Unity, then Paper Smooches came out with drink themed stamps and dies. HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY! I started with a card base made from "wine" colored card stock. Cut a strip of patterned paper and die cut the wine glass and adhered with foam dots. Stamped the sentiment and added some rhinestones for a bit of bling. On the inside I die cut the wine glass again and added the cheers sentiment. Super easy card!

My next card I totally cased from Laura Bassen. (Thanks Laura! You are brilliant!) I just fell in love with her card and KNEW I was going to make one myself!


Here's the inside:

another angle of the front so you can see the Glossy Accents in action!


I used my new Spectrum Noir markers to color this. (My Hubby surprised me with the last 7 sets I hinted at wanting for my birthday present. And gave me my gift early so I could play with them a bit this week! He is THE best husband in the Universe!! ♥ Love you Andy!!)

I plan on giving these to my sisters later today. As you are reading this, we (including our fur baby) are on our way to the beach house we rented in NC. Even better, BOTH of my sisters will be joining us for most of the week to drink ,celebrate, drink, bake in the sun, drink, and just have fun and be goofy! (Did I mention we'll be drinking?) This just may be the BEST birthday week for me EVER! I'm SO excited I can barely sit still!!

Ok, enough about me. Go check out what the Yellow Canaries team came up with at Drunken Stampers. I guarantee you won't be disappointed!

Bartender! Another round please!

Chris
Supplies

Drink your wine card:
Stamps: Unity - Drink your wine Itty Bitty; Paper Smooches - Birthday Sampler
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black
DP: Studio Calico - Snippets
Card stock: Bazzill Basics
Adhesives: SA by 3L - MyStik; American Crafts foam dots
Accessories: Spellbinders Grand Calibur; Paper Smooches dies - Drink Glasses; Colorbok & Studio 112 rhinestones; Fiskars corner rounder

Let's Celebrate card:
Stamps: Paper Smooches - Free Spirits, Birthday Sampler
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black
DP: Graphic 45 - Bohemian Bazaar
Card stock: Recollections
Adhesives: SA by 3L - MyStik, 3D foam squares
Accessories: X-Press It blending card; Spectrum Noir markers; Ranger Glossy Accents

5 comments:

  1. OMGoodness, how cute are both of them. Super cute!!! Happy Birthday Chris have a fabulous day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How on earth did I miss that Unity sentiment when I was shopping there last time??? Best ever! And so is that card -- ever so classy. The second card is all fun, and make sure you have at least one of each drink on the front before your birthday week is out. ;) Have a happy one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You KNOW this set is on my shortlist of my very long PS wishlist! (Go shawty, it's ya birfday!) And of course you couldn't miss out on this challenge - it is US all over :D I love the way you die cut the first (and that sentiment! how did I not see that either?) and the second one is shiny so YAY :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGoodness, adorable, festive drink cards my friend! Love them! And a huge belated happy birthday to you! I am SO jealous over your week at the beach. Toss back a few cold ones for me, will ya? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. perfect cards!!!! you are a ps pro for sure...i love these!!! perfect glossy accents work too girl :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.