Sunday, July 21, 2013

MFW- Birthday sketch challenge

To stamp or not to stamp. That is the question. Well, that's the challenge, anyway, that goes along with this sketch for the Moxie Fab World's Birthday sketch challenge:



To make a card using stamps only, or make a card that doesn't use any stamps. Me? I love a good challenge, so I did both! Here's what I came up with:

Here's the no stamp card:


and the inside


A little card stock, some patterned paper, and stickers. Woo Hoo!

Here's my stamping only card:


the inside

Sorry for the wonky picture of the inside. When I flipped it over, it just kept falling flat. Grrrrr! Anyway, I stamped 3 beer mugs, colored and fussy cut. The white panel was stamped with a diamond background stamp. I didn't ink it up good since I wanted a grungy look to it. Stamped Happy Birthday, and adhered the panel and mugs with foam squares. The inside was stamped in Versa Mark and embossed in white.

That's all I have for now. Have a great day!

Chris
Supplies - bee birthday card
DP: MME - Follow Your Heart
Card stock: WRMK
Adhesives: SA by 3L - 3D foam squares
Accessories: Slice die cutting machine & Basics 1 cartridge (hexigons); Jolee's Boutique - bee stickers; SRM stickers - sentiments, dots

Supplies - beer mugs birthday card
Stamps: Paper Smooches - A Magical Spring, Birthday Sampler, Graffiti; Inkadinkado - diamonds background
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Gray Flannel, Tangelo; Versa Mark; Staz On - Jet Black
Card stock: Recollections
Adhesive: SA by 3L - 3D foam squares
Accessories: Marvy Uchida markers; Fiskars corner rounder; Stampendous white EP; heat gun

6 comments:

  1. I love the beer card! Your coloring is perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Either way, adorable! That is a great sketch and I love what you've done with it. The fussy cut beer mugs are just fabulous. Makes me want to belly up to the bar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHHH! I LOVE LOVE LOVE both takes on this sketch! FAB!!! I LOVE that first card-- mainly because of the mint colored paper and NO STAMPS! WOW! You inspire me! And that second card is AWESOME because of the black and white embossing! LOOOOOOOOVE!! You have nailed this sketch! YOU ROCK :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOMESAUCE! These are both fun - love those bees, and the beer one? Definitely a fave :) Save the Earth - it's the only planet with beer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Christine! Thanks for linking this up to the Birthday Sketch Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.