Monday, February 18, 2013

Happy Birthday/FMS#73

Good morning and Happy Presidents Day! If you are looking for my Drunken Stampers post, you can click here. Today my hubby has the day off so we will probably do what we usually do when he has a day off: him read a book or play his X-box, and me up in my craft room making a card, occasionally switching out the laundry loads! LOL! Yep, that's right. We know how to par-tay! Hahaha! Speaking of partying, I have a Birthday card to share with you, using the Freshly Made Sketch challenge #73:


the inside:


and the sketch:
I have a friend who has a birthday coming up, and it happens to fall on St. Patrick's Day, thus the leprechaun! I picked paper that had a sunburst pattern on it (bonus!) I stamped, colored, and fussy cut the little guy and the mug of beer. The stamp has him holding a clover, but I cut that out carefully with an X-acto knife, separated the fingers and put the beer mug in his fingers. (hee hee!) He's popped up on foam squares. Love how this came out!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope that you have a magical day also!


Chris

Supplies:
Card stock: Recollections (vanilla); Strathmore water color paper
DP: MME - Ooh La La
Stamps: Paper Smooches - A Magical Spring, Birthday Sampler, Hullabaloo
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Staz On - Jet Black; Clear Snap - Chestnut Roan; Ranger - Butterscotch
Markers: Marvy Uchida
Adhesive: SA by 3L
Fiskars corner rounder


6 comments:

  1. This is soooo fun and cute, Chris! Love that little Leprechaun dude and love this design. The sunburst paper is fabulous. And genius how you changed out the clover for a beer mug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card, love how you finished out the inside as well. Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy President's Day :) My kids would be so stoked if their dad would play xbox! Otherwise that sounds EXACTLY like how our days off go...seriously. Exactly. Down to the laundry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card Christine! It's a great take on the sketch and I love that you finished the inside too! Lucky friend who is getting this card! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute and so clever. I love it both inside and out! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.