Sunday, January 27, 2013

Ay Caramba!

Hey all and good day to you! I have another card to share. I made this using the MFTWSC108 sketch from My Favorite Things:

 Here is the inside:


And the sketch:


As you can see I turned it on it's side. I started making this card last night. I got as far as heat embossing, coloring, fussy cutting and paper piecing the main panel. (Ever try to paper piece a flamenco dress? Yeah. It's hard!) I started seeing double, and at that point I only had one glass of wine! I called it a night last night but finished it up today. I used one of my newly purchased Die-Namics on this - Retro Squares. (Groovy!) I even made my own flower. I found some white crepe paper that I had, I don't know, since I got married? I cut a small strip and misted it with Glimmer Mist. Once it was dry, I hand cut 3 circles, decreasing in size. (I didn't want them perfectly round because I wanted that 'wonky' look to them.) I took a pink marker and brushed the edges, glued them together, and added the maracas that I colored and fussy cut. Finished the inside, and, Ole'! LOL!

Glad I got this card finished and posted. Now I'm all set to watch Downton Abbey tonight! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a good evening!

Chris ☺

Supplies:
Card stock: Bazzill (green, black); Strathmore water color paper
DP: Bo Bunny - Vicki B. collection (orange, stripe); MME - Everyday Tango (pink)
Stamps: MFT - Fiesta WTG, More Essential Sentiments (Happy Birthday)
Ink: Tsukineko - Tuxedo Black, Versa Mark
Markers: Marvy Uchida
Accessories: Spellbinders Grand Calibur; MFT - Retro Squares Die-Namics; Crepe paper; Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - meadow green; Inkadinkado black embossing powder
Adhesive: SA by 3L (MyStik, 3D foam squares); Therm-o-web dots; Elmer's extra strength glue stick


5 comments:

  1. lol... love your title and your fabulously fun card! the colors are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card :) Love the paper pieced dress and your side element is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute and colorful. Love that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that paper piecing is amazing! Love the retro square border, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, wow that is a lot of paper piecing and fussy cutting!!
    I love that you add so much detail to the inside of your cards too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.