Friday, September 14, 2012

Trying to find my mojo....

Hi everyone. Lordy, it's been, like, two weeks since I've posted anything. Well, last week we were on vacation at the beach (sigh, I miss it so...) and this week was so gorgeous every day that I just couldn't bring myself to go hide out for hours in my craft cave. Now, I think I've lost my crafty mojo. I did try making a card today, and it turned out so lame! I know I can do so much better than this. But, since today happens to be my birthday and soon my fabbo hubby will be home to whisk me off to a nice dinner, I'm going to post this card anyway. (Seeing as I won't be making any more cards tonight) Brace yourself:


and the inside:


I'm going to plow on and enter this for both Mojo Monday 258, and the Color Throwdown 209.

I used Unity Stamp's Harvest of Memories set and stamped three of the leaves in Memento Rich Cocoa, Rhubarb Stalk and Bamboo Leaves on the white panel. In hindsight, I should have double stamped those (stamp first on some scrap paper then again on my panel) so they wouldn't be so bold and bright. The paper and stickers are from American Crafts Night Fall collection. Oh! That reminds me! I was at Michael's today and spied a Recollections stack that was pretty much the same as the Night Fall collection. Did I miss a memo or something? I know DCWV puts out stacks under the Recollections name, but does American Crafts do that also? Or did DCWV and American Crafts merge? Inquiring minds want to know!

Anywhoooo, thanks for stopping by. I promise that I will do better next time, which I know will be tomorrow. Have a great weekend!

Chris ☺

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have had a wonderful 2 weeks...I'm glad you used the CTD colors for this pretty fall design...love your take on the Mojo sketch!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the elements you used! And I hope you had a great birthday dinner! I'm so glad you could play along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks great! A perfect fall card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.