Sunday, July 27, 2014

Procrastination is my Superpower!

For my Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers post, click here, or just keep scrolling! ☺

Hello peeps! I have a card to share combining a couple challenges, one of which is about to expire, so this is gonna be quick. (wink!)


 Here is the inside:

I'm playing along with Merry Mondays #118 (use buttons and ribbon), and Freshly Made Sketch #146.
It's pretty self explanatory. The two horizontal strips are bits of ribbon. I glued a button on top of the snowflake. When I had everything adhered on the front, I thought there was too much white space, so I took the nozzle off of the glimmer mist and tapped splotches over the card. (I did cover the main elements so they didn't get any ink on them) I wasn't planning on doing that on the inside panel, but I smeared some brown ink on it (Grrr!), so more splotches. A strategically placed splotch covered the smear. It's like I meant to do that! LOL!

Here are the challenge graphics:

 

That's all I have for now. Thanks for hanging out, and I hope you have a great day!

Chris
Supplies:
Stamps: Unity - October 2012 KOM
Ink: Memento - Rich Cocoa
CS: Recollections
Accessories: KI Memories - ribbon; Michael's - snowflake; button & twine from my stash; Tattered Angels - graphite Glimmer Mist; Grand Calibur; Cuttlebug EF from the James set
Adhesives: SA by 3L - MyStik permanent, 3D foam squares; Ranger - Glossy Accents


12 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Chris, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when splotches cover schmears. I use that trick with my makeup, too!! In all serialness, I LOVE this card and yippie for me, I think I have that cool diagonal e/f so this can go directly in my to-CASE folder! Thank you, thank you!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pretty Chris! Love the textured background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the look of this card! The embossed & splotched background is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The smudges look great!! Love it all!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. CAS with lots of fab texture! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely card! Love the snowflake. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely like the stripes and the splotches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the splotches! They may be meant to cover a mistake, but I think it looks like fresh snow falling over your winter wonderland! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Splotches are a GREAT solution to a smudge boo-boo! I wanna touch that snowflake & ribbon combo :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.